Emerging Leaders is a leadership development program specifically for employees of KCMN member companies. The coursework was created based on the input and recommendations of manufacturers. Administered through Johnson County Community College, our goal is to create opportunities for those want to:
- Improve leadership, management and communication skills
- Learn applicable, practical strategies for career growth and success
- Connect with others with similar goals
Since the launch of Emerging Leaders in 2014, there have been over 800 unique, individual enrollments from more than 53 companies. The program consists of three independent tiers of six classes each, held bi-weekly. Most sessions include both instruction and interactive activities to promote learning and implementation. Upon completion of each tier, participants receive a Leadership Certificate specific to that tier.
Candidates for the Emerging Leaders Program include:
- Employees identified for current and future leadership roles.
- Current supervisors, managers and leads who want to increase effectiveness.
- Employees who want to take advantage of internal promotion opportunities.
- Team members desiring personal growth and development.
- Employees who have completed previous tiers and want to continue their leadership development.
Space is limited. Register today by clicking on the link below for the tier you wish to attend! For questions, please contact Dana Gonnerman, firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 967-1250. Fall sessions will be open for registration soon.
Cost: $300 per tier per participant
Location: Two options for Fall 2021: Johnson County Community College Campus, Regnier Center, 12345 College Blvd., Overland Park, KS 66210 or virtual delivery via Zoom.
- Developing Yourself & Others
- Meeting Facilitation
- StrengthsFinder 1
- StrengthsFinder 2
- How to Read People
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Ethical Leadership
- Cross Generational Motivation
- Driving Change
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Conflict Resolution
- Unconscious Bias
- Goal Setting & Employee Engagement
- High Impact Feedback & Listening
- Managing Pressure & Maintaining Balance